Monday, May 6, 2013

Teacher Appreciation

Teacher Appreciation  Week has definitely snuck up on me this year! I wanted to post about some of the things we’ve done in the past to show teachers and staff how much with are thankful for what they do for our children. To give credit…most of the ideas I have gotten are from Pinterest. I adore Pinterest! There are so many amazingly creative people out there. Here are a few ideas to get the creative juices flowing.


I picked up this idea on Pinterest but it originally came from Pretty Handy Girl.  I decided to alter her idea to fit my needs. I printed out my own cards using a premade template from my computer. To save money, I picked up these square vases at my local dollar store for $1.00 each and planted my own flower pots. I also got inexpensive stones for the bottom of the vases to help with drainage. I bought the cacti at my local hardware store which I managed to snag on sale, and for safe measure, I used cacti soil. These were fun to put together, but I had to use a work gloves while planting…these babies were sharp! These gifts were a big hit. I think I ended up making 17 or 18 vases for all the teachers and staff.
 

Typically, I do something extra for the homeroom teacher. This year we decided to make a basket with the teacher’s favorite color. My child made a list of her teacher’s favorite things that she has talked about it the past. Then she wrote  a poem and we printed it on card stock. Typically, I buy only gluten free food items. However, in the case we focused on the teacher’s favorite things…so I made an exception.

 

We’ve also done Bubble Gum Blow Tape from Bloom Designs for Valentines’ Day. These could easily be converted to a teacher appreciation gift. Teacher you blow me away!
 
 
I picked up some shovels and other plastic gardening tools and filled them with candy.
I dig that you’re my teacher!
 
 
These pencil vases are super cute and have been around for a long time. But, seriously……who doesn’t love flowers. The pencil vase is such a cute idea to display them.

 
I used a skewer from the kitchen and my trusty double sided tape to make a pick to stick in the flower. I got the template from Landee See, Landee Do and used a die-cut flower shape from my scrapbook supplies.  
 
We’ve also done homemade earrings for the female teachers with natural stones that the kids picked out.
 
 
With so many options floating around the web…the options for showing your teachers how much they mean to you are truly endless. Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment