Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Your Pie

I know it may seem that I'm obsessed with pizza, but I’m really not…well maybe just a little. I know it’s weird, but when I travel to a new town, I have to see if there’s a pizza joint in the area that offers gluten free pizza. During a recent trip to Savannah, I made no exceptions in my exploration for good, gluten free pizza. I heard that Your Pie had some gluten free options so I decided to check them out.


I arrived around 11:30 at the downtown Savannah location. The place was bustling with the lunch crowd. When I walked in to Your Pie, I wanted to make sure that they did in fact carry gluten free pizza. Thankfully, they had their gluten free information posted for all to see. I quickly scanned the interior of the restaurant. The overall atmosphere is fun and funky...the typical, hip pizza joint. The pizza chefs behind the counter were busy making pizzas with numerous toppings, sauces and cheeses. As you walk in, to Your Pie your are guided to a line, which proceeds to the counter. When I got to the front of the line, I nearly panicked. I looked down and there was flour on the prep counter and dough flying everywhere. I took a deep breathe, smiled by biggest smile and began explaining my issue with gluten. The response was, “no problem.” My order was given to another pizza chef standing in the area. He immediately took off his gloves and washed his hands. Now, I knew we were in gluten free business.


I took a sigh of relief when I saw “Zach” our pizza chef, slip off to the back room to safely prepare my pizza. So, the big question is, “How was the pizza?” My pizza had an amazing texture, with a thin crisp crust. I actually prefer my crust to be crunchy on the edges. There was no “bean” after tastes or any other offending flavors. I couldn’t eat my whole pizza, maybe half of it.


My hubby finished his pizza and polished off the rest of mine. He was hungry and it was literally "that good." The toppings I chose were marinara, pepperoni, red onions, banana peppers and mozzarella. "Zach" was so attentive to our order. When he delivered our pizza to the table, he was concerned that everything was to our satisfaction. Actually, I was pleased with both my pizza and the service I received while at Your Pie. Everything was so excellent, I had to make a second visit during my stay in Savannah. This time we also sampled a pepperoni pizza with fresh pineapple.

 
The have also have gluten free cider and beer as well. Here's a insider note...while we were dining, someone asked us if we were going around town sampling all the gluten free crusts at different restaurants in Savannah. The light bulb went off...there are more pizza places in Savannah that have gluten free crusts. Very interesting....guess those pizzas will have to wait until our next visit. 

 
To learn more about Your Pie, you can check them out online. http://www.yourpie.com/

By the way, I'm head over heels in love with Savannah....there's more on that adventure, so stay tuned! 


No comments:

Post a Comment