Sunday, August 16, 2020

Hotel Quarantine Part 2

After a few days of this new life, we've settled in to a little groove. I did my first radio show from a hotel room yesterday. I'm thankful for technology, which allows life to move forward, but there's something special about being in the studio. Thank you all for tuning in and for the support you've given me through the years. 

Just to keep my focus each morning when I wake up, I make a short list of things I'd like to concentrate on for the day. Typically, it includes posting on social media, blogging, Pilates, and some self-enrichment activities. The incredible thing is that I've gotten several things done that I've been procrastinating for a long time. Honestly, it feels amazing to get a few items crossed off of my list. When I'm at home, there's always something that's screaming for me to do...like laundry. I've had to wash a few clothes in the sink in my hotel room, but hey, I can handle that!

I brought some large shrimp from home. They were frozen and made the trip quite easily. I sauteed some onions, garlic, and tomato with butter and extra-virgin olive oil. Then, I added some spinach to the defrosted shrimp and tossed in the gluten-free pasta. I added a few gluten-free bullion cubes to the pasta for some extra flavor. I topped the dish with grated Parmesan and we were in heaven.  

I've been doing a lot of meal prep. When I know that a dish will need sauteed vegetables, I go ahead and prepare double and triple batches of the vegetables. This simple technique is saving me lots of extra effort, and I will continue this when I'm back in my home kitchen. Here's one example of a quick snack: sauteed veggies with melted Havarti. I even slipped in coconut aminos...yum!  

Until next time....enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment