Monday, April 14, 2014

Archer's BBQ

Being from the South, there's one thing that we love.....BBQ. You would think finding a gluten free BBQ restaurant would be easy. However, as I found over the years...it isn't always the case. Recently I was going to be passing through Knoxville, TN and was hoping to find reasonable, quick, delicious, gluten free food. Sometimes even one of those qualifications is a difficult feat! I'd read that Archer's BBQ had some gluten free options so I decided to drop in to see what I could find.  
Archer's BBQ - Kingston Pike - Knoxville, TN
When I arrived, I went to the counter and explained that I was gluten free. The girl who waited on me asked if I had Celiac Disease and shared with me that she was gluten free as well. I was able to take a huge sigh of relief. Both servers automatically took off their gloves, washed their hands and put on clean gloves. When I inquired as to what was gluten free, I was told their meats, sauces and sides were gluten free! We decided to get two Pulled Pork Plates to share, without the toast of course.
Archer's Pulled Pork BBQ...Gluten Free!
The level of smokiness was the perfect compliment to their Baked Potato Salad...absolutely wonderful! We also paired this plate with Stewed Green Beans. For the second plate we chose BBQ Beans and Slaw. I enjoyed all the sides but my two favorites were the Bake Potato Salad and the BBQ Beans...delicious!
Archer's BBQ with Slaw & BBQ Beans
Archer's BBQ has the option of 6...yes that's 6 gluten free BBQ sauces to chose from. Two of my favorites were the Original and the Memphis.  I had the opportunity to eat at Archer's BBQ twice during my trip. The first time the server recommended that I chose my sauces ahead of time.  Even though they have sauces on the table, they gave me several pre-filled BBQ sauce cups. Anyway, I can reduce the risk of cross contamination...I'll take it! The second time we had different servers. They didn't suggest the to-go cups, but happily obliged when we asked for them. 
Lunch at Archer's BBQ
Archer's BBQ has three locations. We've dinned at the Kingston Pike location in Knoxville, TN.
For a quick, casual bite to eat...we couldn't have picked a better place for a gluten free lunch! 
For more information and to review their menu, you can check out the Archer's BBQ website.

No comments:

Post a Comment